Laura’s Top 10 Self Care Rituals ~ Reclaim Your Radiance
“I had a sparkle that morning, sparkle that originated somewhere deep inside me and spread outward to my cheeks and eyes,
even it seemed to the gleam of my hair.’’ – Irene Hunt
Next month I will be celebrating my first Mother’s Day and my daughter’s first birthday, the past year has taught me lessons in love, patience, compassion, and gratitude like nothing I ever imagined. It’s in honour of Mother’s Day that I want to focus this post on self-care and living your best life possible. While the past year has been the most life altering – long days, sleepless nights, balancing busy schedules and post-partum hormones! – I can honestly say that this past year as been my healthiest yet! I made some big lifestyle changes after our daughter arrived, with 40+ lbs. of baby weight and my 30th birthday on the horizon, I knew it was time to do something that would elevate my health ~ mind, body, and spirit ~ for good. A year later I’m a new woman, healthier (goodbye 14 years of medicating kidney disease), happier, more energy, and reveling in a new found confidence in my own beauty, abilities, and faith.
I’m sharing with Luscious Life Design my Top 10 Self Care ~ New You Rituals that have made the biggest difference for me. A candle loses never by lighting another, and so I hope that by sharing what has worked so marvelously for me can be enjoyed and utilized by others.
- Nourish Your Body. USANA Essentials are the absolute best nutritional supplement available. I recommend them to all my clients (including pre- and post-partum women). I’ve noticed such a huge difference in mood, energy level, skin, immune system.
- Glow Girl. USANA BiOmega is an Omega 3 fatty acid guaranteed not to contain mercury, formulated with lemon oil to eliminate the fishy aftertaste associated with most fish oil supplements. It helps your hair and skin look radiant as well, get your glow back!
- Embrace Your Imperfections. You’ve likely read this from me before. Your imperfections are you perfect. Let them reveal your individuality. And behind every imperfection is a strength. Proflavanol C100 offers incredible anti inflammatory benefits, immune boosting effects and…. we joke it’s like “facelift in a bottle” because it works wonders on our skin!
- Rest and Digest! Amp up your digestion so that your whole body can thrive, USANA Probiotic is a convenient dairy-, gluten-, and sugar-free powder that fits most dietary preferences and allows you to personalize the way you use it. This makes it an easy and effective way to maintain digestive balance and support a healthy immune system.
- Satisfy Your Cravings. Eat low glycemic in order to maintain balanced blood glucose levels and optimize your energy. I love adding Nutrimeal or Nutrimeal Free to my smoothies to give me this balance as well as the Protein snacks when I want a treat. And when I really need a fresh start I do the 5 Day Reset program!
- Reclaim Your Radiance. Your Skin is your largest organ, establishing a skin care routine will pay off in spades for years to come. Sensé boasts a special patented Self-Preserving Technology that keeps the contents free from additives such as unnecessary chemicals and parabens that are widely used to preserve cosmetics, and is ah-mazing for sensitive skin!
P.S. Sense’s Eye Nourisher is my #1 fav for sleep-deprived-busy-momma-must-have! (think crow’s feet and dark circles). Soften away the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles with this nutrient-rich emulsion made specifically for the eye area. Regenisomes™ and our exclusive DSR™ technology combine with soothing botanicals to brighten the eye area and leave you with a well-rested and refreshed appearance. The delicate skin around your eyes will look visibly younger, firmer, and smoother with daily use of this moisturizing complex. I’m HOOKED!
- SLEEP. Sleep. Pure Rest is a yummy orange-flavoured, sugar-free, vegan dissolvable tablet designed to support better sleep. Melatonin is a naturally occurring hormone that regulates sleep and wake cycles. Pure Rest is NOT a sleeping pill and is not habit forming, especially helpful for increasing the total sleep time in people suffering from sleep restriction or altered sleep schedule like shift-work, jet lag, and parenthood.
- Create Joyful Rituals. When baby girl naps I make favorite energizing Rev3 tea, and kick back for some quiet time. It’s the best part of my day. Create simple easy to do rituals that ground your day and you’ll find your way “home” no matter what life throws at you.
- Move Yo’ Body. Regular exercise can transform your life, and prevent degenerative disease. Osteoporosis runs in my family and certain nutrients, including omega-3 fat, active calcium, vitamin D, K2, and magnesium, are critical for strong bones—as is exercise, especially weight-bearing exercises.
- Be of Service. Try to always find ways to be of service. To people, to animals, to the environment, whatever floats your boat. Life gives to the giver and takes from the taker. Find ways to give and keep giving. Ways that inspire you, that speak to you, that fill your heart. No matter where you are in life, there is always someone who could benefit from what you have to offer.
Laura Milne is a holistic living mentor with Luscious Life Design who helps empower women to feel their absolute best by ditching their self-limiting beliefs and embracing the abundance in every day. Prior to making the leap into entrepreneurship, Laura worked full time as a pediatric registered nurse in Calgary, Alberta. Today Laura offers a wide range of holistic health programs and services as well as hosting a monthly Reclaim Your Radiance workshop. Laura is a mother and wife, and loves to explore the Rocky Mountains with her little family. Follow Laura on Instagram @embrace_abundance